CERTIFIED FOOT REFLEXOLOGY COURSE
Next Class: Regina
Dates: August 23, 2019: 6-9 pm; August 24, 25, October 5, 6: 9-6 pm
This Foot Reflexology Course will prepare you to challenge the Reflexology Association of Canada Board Exam to be certified as an RCRT. (This is not mandatory and additional fees with the association will apply).
When completed this course, you will be presented with a certificate of completion. With that certificate, you can practice reflexology.
To be an RCRT (Registered Canadian Reflexology Therapist) there are a few additional steps:
- You would have to become a member of the Reflexology Association of Canada (RAC – I recommend after the written exam is completed).
- Submit your certificate and transcripts to RAC. Once accepted, you would have to write an open book board exam and pass with 80% to be approved.
- You will be an RCRT. This means that clients that come to you can submit their receipts to reimbursed for sessions if their work plans cover reflexology or they have a health spending account.
With this class you will have the following benefits:
- Get access to an online membership site filled with videos, tools and worksheets designed to support you through this learning journey.
- Join the closed facebook group to ask questions, get support from other students and get access to feedback from sessions
- Meet community mentors that are able to share their expertise and experience to help you get your clients better results
- Get business building tips and tools that will help you launch your reflexology business
- Be a part of a community that celebrates your success with you
- Asking questions by email, phone or text message as needed is welcomed and encouraged.
** MTAS members that are certified as an RCRT with RAC will receive 63.5 CEU credits.
Must be 18 years of age or have completed high school.
Total course hours are 186.5
- 35 in-class hours
- 25 hours of a home study program-
- written exams
- practicum of 60 treatments
- 3-hour mandatory review during the practicum
- 1.5-hour practical exam
The purpose of this training course is outlined in the following five general objectives:
Understand the principles of Reflexology
- Anatomy & Physiology – gain understanding of the function of the body systems
- Reflexology chart maps the reflexes on the feet
- Learn how to stimulate reflexes on the foot for a safe, effective therapeutic treatment;
- Gather all information required o challenge the Registered Canadian Reflexology Therapist Board Exam with the Reflexology Association of Canada.
The History and Theory of Reflexology
Covers a historical and theoretical overview and background to Reflexology, the healing crisis and how it affects the client and the healing process, structure and function of the foot, how and why it works, zone and neural pathways of the body and terminology.
Biomechanics of the Foot and Foot Assessment Techniques
- Covers identification of foot conditions, their origins, assessment of the overall structure of the foot.
- Completing a Reflexology Case Study
- Covers the client/therapist interview process, review reasons for completing of a Health Record and documenting a session on a Treatment Record.
Anatomy and Physiology
Covers an introduction and explanation of the anatomy and physiology of the systems in the body, related conditions, and how to locate the reflexes on the foot that correlate to each system.
The systems include:
- The Nervous System
- The Endocrine System
- The Respiratory System
- The Cardiovascular System
- The Digestive System
- The Urinary or Renal System
- The Immune and Lymphatic Systems
- The Reproductive Systems
- The Musculoskeletal System
Key Areas of Emphasis for Specific Conditions in Reflexology
Introduces the student to an explanation and breakdown of each condition and the related systems and reflexes commonly affected within each condition.
RAC Approved Reflexology Method (following national and international standards)
Covers treatment guidelines including providing a healing environment and hygienic practice, what to do before and after a session, a full reflexology procedure including method, pacing and technique.
Business and Financial Information
Covers confidentiality, advertising, professionalism, business operation, and what makes a successful clinic.
The practicum time allows the student to practice the routine in a professional manner (as taught in the classroom). The purpose is to develop thorough case studies consisting of a Health Record, Treatment Records, assessment documentation and evaluation for each client. Each student must complete 50 treatments (for a total of 100 practice hours). The practicum should include a minimum of 5 clients and a maximum of 10. A maximum of 3 clients with one session each will be accepted.
Students can charge clients for these sessions to start practicing business building skills ($25-$30/session is recommended for students).
There is a 3-hour mandatory review given by the teacher half-way through the practicum. The goal is for the teacher and students to come together to review and evaluate the student’s case studies as well as the Reflexology Method.
Additional reviews may be requested by either the student or the teacher for an additional fee if necessary.
Home Study and Exam Preparation
The theoretical exam must be completed within 3 months of the last day of class.
The practical exam must be completed within 1 year of the last day of class.
(Extensions are available for a fee of $75 per extension.)
The practical component of 50 treatments must be submitted to the examiner at the time of the exam.
Award of RAC National Certificate
Upon successfully completion of the theory and practical portion of the program, the student will be awarded a fully embossed certificate. This course fully qualifies graduates to practice this profession as a highly trained and skilled Certified Foot Reflexology Therapist anywhere in Canada.
Tuition: $1999.99 + Tax
– reflexology manual, foot chart and foot sequence.
– access the membership site for the duration of your course. The membership site is loaded with all the videos that are taught in class, worksheets, practice exam with answer key and audios for the method.
– access to the closed Facebook group to ask questions, connect with other students and get access to some amazing heartwarming testimonials!